IFB is a world-class premium brand and quite popular for its forte in quality and technology-led innovative washing machines. They have been providing home appliances for over three decades.
Though it may be a surprise for many people – IFB is an Indian brand and flag bearer of Made in India. And their quality is similar or even higher than several multinational brands like Samsung, Bosch, LG, and others.
It has been dominating the washing machine segment because of its durable products, convenient design, and amazing performance. To provide the best for consumers, IFB has partnered with Bosch-Siemens for motors and advanced technology which ensures the highest quality.
They have a varied product range from top-loading washing machines to front-loading washing machines. If you are confused about which model is suitable for your requirements and budget, then read our buying guide. It has all the information on how to choose the best IFB washing machine.
Washing machines are more complicated than we realize. Also, with the turn and advancement of appliance technology, washing machines have gotten even more complex. It takes a keen eye and an informed mind to make the best purchase. A buying guide for the Best IFB Washing Machines in India is presented here. It makes sure that you look for specifications that make sense and provide the necessary information for you to choose the best of the best products in the market.
There are a wealth of features a well-made, expensive washing machine can offer. However, you should be primarily focused on just three things – Capacity, Type, and Function.
The Only Three Things to Keep in Mind
- Capacity: Capacity refers to the amount of load or amount of clothes a washing machine can take. Measured in Kgs, it should be kept in mind that stuffing your washing machine right up to the top might not be a good idea. So, if your machine has a 7kg capacity, fill only 6kg of clothes to prevent damage to the fabrics and the washing machine. Under-stuffing also helps the washing machine to be more efficient and clean clothes better.
- Type: There are essentially two kinds of washing machines – Front Loading and Top Loading. Both provide similar washing capabilities but are essentially different in functionality. Top loading machines require you to add clothes from the top and similarly, front-loading has an opening in the front for the clothes to be shoved in. Top loading is better for people with back issues and front-loading ones generally offer more features than top-loading, while it may not always be the case.
- Function: A washing machine can either be semi-automatic or fully automatic. The only difference being fully automatic has one tub, for both, washing and drying, while semi-automatic has two tubs, one for washing and the other for drying. Semi-automatic washing machines require some manual intervention on your part to shift the clothes from the washer to the dryer. While fully automatics work seamlessly without any help, washing and drying only with a touch of a button.
IFB Washing Machine Buying Guide
Factors like capacity, size, wash cycles, and timer are common in every washing machine, regardless of the brand. But IFB models come with some unique features as well.
Unique Features of IFB (Both Front Load and Top Load) Washing Machines
Below, we have explained these unique features clearly for your reference. The presence of this feature may add to the price of the product but they are worthy to invest in.
- 3D and 4D Wash System
Most of the IFB washing machines (both front and top loading) come with a 3D wash system. Some of the latest models come with a 4D wash system. 3D wash system means the washing machine will have 3 nozzles (4 nozzles in case of a 4D wash system) for spraying water into the drum while it is rotating in 360 degrees.
This feature will ensure the detergent is properly dissolved and penetrates deeply into the clothing to provide a clean and fresh finish. When it comes to the rinsing stage, this feature will ensure deep penetration of fresh water to remove all the detergent traces, thereby providing a clean finish.
- Aqua Energie
All the washing machines from IFB come with an Aqua Energie filter which is not available in any other models from LG and Bosch. This filter is responsible for breaking down the bicarbonates (usually present in hard water) into microscopic crystals. This in turn reduces the chances of bicarbonates sticking onto the drum surfaces.
The microscopic crystals will easily flow away along the water without affecting the detergent’s lathering capability. As the surface tension of water will be reduced, it will improve the process of wetting clothes and the efficiency of detergent action. Apart from that, it can reduce scaling on the heater and tub, decrease detergent consumption and remove any detergent residue in washed clothes.
- Crescent Moon Drum
IFB washing machines come with a drum that has Crescent moon-shaped grooves on its surface. They act as a gentle water cushion to protect clothes from damage that is usually caused because of drum movement. When it comes to regular drums, the cloth may get caught and damage the drain holes.
- In-Built Heater
The in-built heater is present in most of the IFB washing machines. When you opt for this feature in the wash cycle, it will heat/warm up the water used for washing. This in turn removes hard stains and dirt on the clothes. Along with that, it will also sanitize the clothes and eliminate any detergent residue.
The in-built heater available in IFB washing machines is top-notch and has been tested to last 10 years minimum. It is rust-proof, scale-proof, and also conserves energy.
- High-Low Voltage Protection
In most parts of India, power cuts and voltage fluctuations are pretty normal. To monitor the fluctuations and any severe damage to electrical components, IFB washing machines are equipped with a micro-controller inside the circuit. This controller is responsible for monitoring the voltage. If the voltage does above the safe limit, then the washing machine pauses the working. Once the voltage comes back to the normal limit, the washing machine will resume operation.
- Smart Sense
It is an in-built sensor that automatically senses the load weight and adjusts the wash cycle requirements accordingly, thus saving water and detergent.
- Auto Balance
This feature is designed to detect and balance the load in the drum. If there is any unbalance, then the washer will redistribute the laundry items which will improve washing performance. Thus, it will reduce both noise and vibration.
- Auto Restart
The latest IFB washing machines are equipped with memory features that will save the wash settings. This feature is helpful if you live in a locality where you experience a lot of power cuts. So, once the power comes back, it will restart again from where it is paused.
- Child Lock
Sometimes, accidentally kids can try to access the washing machine which can mess up the wash cycle. To prevent this, you can select the child-lock feature. This will prevent any changes in the wash cycle even kids access the control panel.
- Tub Clean
To maintain the life of the washing machine, it is important to maintain it in good condition. The tub clean is available for the same. It will eliminate any scaling, bacteria, impurities, and unpleasant smell inside the drum and washing machine as well.
IFB Front Load Washing Machine Features
Below, we have mentioned some features that are specifically unique to front-load washing machines.
- Air Bubble Wash
This feature is designed to create several air bubbles during the wash so that they can penetrate the detergent into the cloth fibers and remove the stubborn dirt. Having this feature improves the wash quality of the front-loading washing machine.
- Steam Wash
Some IFB washing machines come with a steam wash feature that eliminates stains, dirt, germs, and bacteria. It also removes any detergent residue stuck deep between the cloth fibers.
This feature is suitable for people who are dealing with allergy issues. It eliminates any presence of bacteria, dirt, and detergent residue, leaving fresh, clean, and sanitize clothes. This feature is even more helpful for homes with children.
- Ball Valve Technology
This technology stops the detergent from flowing away during a wash cycle. So, all the detergent you added will be used for washing clothes without any unnecessary wastage.
- Auto Form Control System
Excessive detergent or using inappropriate detergent can lead to too much foam in a wash cycle. People often misunderstand that more foam means better cleaning but it isn’t true. Too much foam can make the washing machine ineffective in pumping out the water as the impeller is no capable of pumping out bubbles. Foam will also cushion the clothes which reduces the rubbing clothes against each other, resulting in an ineffective wash experience.
IFB washing machines come with an active foam control system that detects any excess foam formation and adds more water to dilute it and pump the diluted foam out. And after this, the normal wash will resume. This is the reason why the washing machine takes a longer time than usual or mentioned in the first place.
- Cradle Wash
IFB front-loading washing machines come with a trademark wash program called cradle wash. As the name implies, it will provide a reduced gentle rocking motion for washing different fabrics like satin, silk, and laces. This wash prevents any harsh detergents or washes actions from damaging the fabric.
- Laundry Add
Sometimes, we may forget some clothing to add. In such cases, the laundry adds feature will come in handy. You can add clothes in the middle of the wash cycle instead of waiting for the washing to get completed. When you press this feature, the wash cycle gets paused. So, you can open the door and add laundry but you can do it up to 15mins after the wash has started.
- Time Delay/Delay Start
This feature lets you start the wash cycle at your convenience. It is helpful for people who are not at home a lot. With the time delay feature, it is possible to start the wash cycle at any specific time based on your requirements. The delay feature lets you customize the wash cycle for 30 minutes to 24 hours.
- Repeat Wash
Preselect wash setting is suitable for washing daily clothing. Instead of selecting the wash cycle every time, you can just press the repeated wash. So, it will take the previous wash cycle setting.
- Pre Wash
If the clothes are really dirty, then a pre-wash will provide an initial wash that removes some of the soilings. And with the actual wash cycle, you will get a cleaner finish.
- Rinse Hold
This feature will pause the last rinse of the wash cycle program. This will prevent the clothes from getting tangled during the rinse.
- 9 Swirl Wash
IFB washing machines have come up with a feature called 9 swirl wash which moves the drum movements in 9 specific ways to keep the clothes look new for a longer time.
- Xpert Wash
This smart feature will choose a wash program based on the fabric type and level of dirt provided in the App. It also suggests which fabrics can be washed together for protecting the laundry from potential damage.
- Express Wash
This feature is designed for washing smaller and lightly dirty clothes. Usually, it is perfect for washing gym clothes.
- Extra Rinse
Sometimes, you may want an extra rinse cycle at the end of the wash. In such cases, you can select this feature. It is capable of removing any detergent residue and softener.
IFB Top Loading Washing Machine Features
Below, we have provided some features that are unique to top-loading washing machines from the IFB brand.
- Triadic Pulsator
This particular option is a combination of swirl jets, center punch, and soft scrub pads. Soft scrub pads will remove the toughest dirt or stubborn soiling on the clothes while swirl jet will dislodge any soil or dirt from every corner of the fabric. Centre punch will gently squeeze the dirt from clothes to provide perfect wash.
- Deep Clean
This feature provides a clean experience that is gentle on fabric but tough on dirt and stains. In this feature, triadic pulsator and Bi-axial rotation will work in combination with Aqua Energie for making the clothes sparkle.
- Smart Sense
It automatically senses the laundry load and customizes the water output, wash time, rinse cycle, and spinning time based on it. This also means that the washing machine will be smart enough to save water and power bills.
- Aqua Spa Therapy
With this feature, your clothes will exfoliate, cleanse, hydrate, and rejuvenate just like you do in a spa. If you want to pamper your delicate clothes, then the feature is perfect for it.
- Lint Tower Filter
This filter will trap any loose microfibers or trap links that may flush into the drain affecting the environment. The filter can be cleaned regularly from time to time.
- Bleach Dispenser
This feature comes quite handy when you want to bleach clothes, especially white ones. The washing machine comes with a special inlet that will dispense the liquid bleach into a drum so that it can distribute optimally.
- Auto Softener Dispenser
Some delicate laundry needs some extra care for which we may need to add fabric softener. The Auto-softener dispenser is a compartment where you can add the fabric softener. It has to be added at the start of the wash program. The softener will provide proper care to the clothing it deserves.
IFB washing machines have wash programs that are customized for the user’s convenience. You can just select the programs based on the wash load. If you want to run the same program as earlier then you can just repeat the wash easily which is similar to regular laundry.
Best IFB Washing Machines In India
We have also provided a list of the best IFB washing machines (both front and top load) for your reference.
5 Best IFB Washing Machines In India Reviews
- IFB 8kg 5 Star Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine
With a capacity of 8 kg, it is best suited for medium-sized families of 4 to 6 members. This fully automatic front loading washing machine is well known for its best wash quality and its high water and energy efficiency.
- Design and build: With 61 x 60 x 85 cm dimensions it is an easy fit in your home without having to go through any troubles of moving your other appliances around. Its front-loading feature makes it easy for users to simply opening and closing the door. You can open the door at the beginning of the wash cycle to add more laundry so that nothing is left behind.
- Washing mechanisms: This 5-star washing machine is programmed with 14 wash programs for a complete dirt-free laundry. It is programmed with a steam function among other wash programs that provide 99.9% germ protection. It has a unique wash program called the Cradlewash system that gently washes delicate fabrics. The machine gives a unique 4D wash to your clothes. This is where dynamic water jets and showers from paddles soak your clothes and dissolve the detergent completely.
- Features: The machine is featured with a sophisticated white LED touch panel that displays program selection and operation. This feature is combined with a program selector knob that indicates the selected program. You can use the Repeat Wash program which pre-selects the wash program you commonly choose or you chose during the previous wash. You can eliminate any kind of impurities, bacteria, scaling, and bad odor from the machine with its efficient Tub clean feature. The machine is designed to minimize wastage and improve wash quality. Its ball valve technology, where a float ball valve is used, holds the detergent in while letting water out.
- The machine is given a 5-star rating for its exceptional energy efficiency.
- The drum surface is designed with smooth crescent moon groves that create a gentle water cushion for protecting fabrics from damages.
- Its self-diagnosis feature displays the error codes on the LED screen so that you can troubleshoot the issue yourself.
- The motor runs at 1400 rpm speed which increases the drying speed and decreases the wash time.
|Maximum Rotational Speed||1400 RPM|
|Package includes||Drain hose, protective rat mesh, user manual, water inlet pipe, and 1 washing machine.|
Pros And Cons
|Fully automatic||Does not have an anti-tangle mechanism.|
|4D wash||Very noisy.|
|Ball Valve Technology||After-sale services need to be better.|
|8 kg capacity|
|1400 RPM high speed|
|4 years warranty on the product and 4 years warranty on the motor.|
|White LED touch panel.|
- IFB 6 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine
This 6 kg capacity machine is ideal for a small size family. Belonging to IFB no wonder this machine is a great value for the price. So without much delay let’s look into its features in detail.
- Design and build: This is a free-standing machine so it can be placed at any corner of your house as long as there is a connection to a drain or electric socket. This gives you the convenience of using it even if you do not have enough space in your home. It has a strong build with high-quality stainless steel. This has a front-loading design that is easy to reach for any individual.
- Features: The USP of this machine is its ball valve technology. This system has a floating ball located in the pipe outlet. This allows the water to seep out keeping the detergent intact and ensures a complete usage of detergent. This helps remove dirt or any stubborn stains from the cloth. And this particular feature also makes the washing quite economical. This also has inbuilt aqua energy that helps to dissolve the detergent better and improves washing ability.
- Washing mechanisms: Well unlike our previous listed product this works on 2D washing. And the only difference between these two is that in 2D, the number of nozzles is less so the water flow is from two sides. Otherwise, the functionality is the same. The shape of the drum is in a smooth crescent shape. This creates a pattern in water that prevents damage to the fabric. It also features an express wash that is specially designed for delicate clothes. With this feature, you can take care of your delicate chiffon, silks, and satin.
- Auto balance system– this allows the auto-detection of unbalanced clothes and redistributes them to maintain consistent and stable wash.
- You can also add punches top-loading to its center to ensure top-loading color extra laundry in the midway of the washing cycle.
|Warranty||4 years on product and 4 years on motor|
Pros and Cons
|Ball valve technology.||Few customers complain about the installation service.|
|Complete usage of detergent.|
|Good for delicate clothes.|
- IFB 7 Kg 5 Star Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine
This fully automatic front-loading washing machine is given a 5-star rating for its high energy efficiency. With a 7 kg capacity, it is an ideal choice for a small family of 3 to 4 members.
- Design and build: It is designed to perfectly fit in homes, as it does not occupy more space than it has to. The front-loading design helps you in opening and closing the door effortlessly and you can monitor the washing process through the glass.
- Washing mechanisms: It is given 11 washing programs for a complete in and out washing of your clothes. It has a unique 3D wash system that soaks your clothes completely for thorough cleaning. For lightly soiled loads such as your gym clothes, the machine has a special program called express wash. The inbuilt heater gives hot water for better cleaning of your clothes.
- Features: The machine comes with an Aqua Energie device that energies the water and filters the detergent for better dissolving and softer washing of your clothes. For up to 15 minutes after you started a wash cycle, you can pause the machine, open the door and add some more laundry. It has an inbuilt high-low voltage protection that protects the machine from damages due to unforeseen power fluctuations. Just like other IFB machines, this 7 kg washing machine has Ball Valve technology where float ball valve preserves the detergent while letting the water out resulting in reduced wastage and enhanced washing.
- Crescent moon drum for preventing damages to the fabric.
- Cradlewash where your clothes are given a gentle wash to preserve their texture & quality.
- Child lock facility stops your kid from changing the wash programs playfully.
- The machine has a self-diagnosis feature where it displays any issue with an error code on the screen so that you can troubleshoot yourself.
|Maximum Rotational Speed||1000 RPM|
|Warranty||4 years on product and 10 years on spare parts.|
|Package includes||Drain Hose, protective rat mesh, user manual, water inlet pipe, and 1 Washing Machine.|
Pros And Cons
|5-star energy rating||After-sale service needs improvement.|
|4-year warranty on product & 10-year warranty on spare parts|
|11 wash programs.|
|3D wash system|
- IFB 6.5 Kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
This fully automatic top-loading washing machine has a capacity of 6.5 kg best suited for a small family of 3-4 members. This budget-friendly machine is designed to give the best wash quality and to be highly energy and water-efficient.
- Design and build: Extra care is given while designing this washing machine. It is given two wheels at the back for mobility. You just have to tilt the machine backward and roll it for moving it. For increased stability, the machine has auto imbalance vibration control which smartly detects and corrects any imbalance during machine spin.
- Washing mechanisms: This machine is given 6 wash programs that include the most common and prominent IFB programs such as 3D washing which is a thorough washing program. Along with that, the machine has some unique washing mechanisms such as Bi-Axial movement which enables vertical and horizontal movement of clothes for uniform soaking and washing.
- Features: The bottom of the drum has soft scrub pads that generate a special Triadic Pulsator Wash where powerful swirl jets and mechanical center punches dislodge and push the dirt out of the clothes. It features aqua spa therapy where it pampers your clothes with extra care for long-lasting fabric health. It has an inbuilt smart weight sensor that automatically weighs the load put into the machine and adjusts the settings accordingly to save water & detergent.
- Aqua Energie device dissolves detergent better to give clothes a softer wash.
- The machine has a crescent moon drum that creates a gentle water cushion.
- It has a voltage protection feature that protects the machine from power fluctuations.
- The deep clean feature is tough on stains and gentle on fabric.
|Dimensions||59 x 57 x 95 cm|
|Warranty||4 years on product and 4 years on motor.|
|Package includes||Drain hose, protective rat mesh, user manual, water inlet pipe, and 1 Washing Machine.|
Pros And Cons
|4-year warranty on product & 4-year warranty on motor||Product quality is questionable.|
|Aqua Energie||After-sale service needs to be better.|
|Crescent moon drum|
|Auto imbalance system|
- IFB 7 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
This top-loading machine gives you the convenience of loading clothes without bending your back. It has 8 wash programs that ensure all types of clothes are washed properly.
- Design and build: This top-loading machine is an ideal device for your home. This comes in dark grey color and is bordered by a black color material on top. This is structured with stainless steel and can be placed at any corner of the house as long as it has a drainage outlet and electric socket.
- Features: This machine comes with many beneficial features. To start with let’s talk about its triadic pulsator. This works with the inbuilt soft pads that gently remove the dirt. It also creates powerful swirl jets that remove the dirt from every part of the corner and the mechanical center punctuation pushes the dirt away from clothes. Next up is aqua spa therapy and aqua energy. These built-in devices help to dissolve the detergent well with its aqua energy system and also hydrates and rejuvenates the fabrics with an aqua spa therapy. And it’s crescent moon shape drum allows efficient washing with the gentle water cushion layer created that prevents tangling of fabrics. Tub dry is its special feature that dries the drum after washing, this prevents limescale and ensures the longevity of the machine.
- Washing mechanisms: Its washing mechanism is supported by the 3D washing system. This allows the water inlet from three sides and soaks the fabric well to give it an excellent wash. It has 10 water level options that allow the usage of hot, warm, or cold water depending on the fabric type. And the deep clean mechanism helps get rid of all the tough stains from the fabric. This has additional two inbuilt dispensers like the bleach dispenser and auto soft dispenser. A bleach dispenser is very useful, it is a hands-free solution to dispense liquid bleach. And an auto soft dispenser is a nifty compartment that adds softener to the clothes before the washing process starts.
- Drum lamp– inbuilt lamps inside the drum for better visibility
- Hygiene plus– this gives an extra rinse to the clothes making sure there is no detergent residue.
- Smart sense– this can sense the load of fabric and adjust the water and detergent level accordingly.
- Aqua conserve– this makes the product eco friendly by reusing the last rinse water used for soaking clothes
|Warranty||4 comprehensive years|
Pros And Cons
|4-year warranty||Buttons are hard to press.|
|Prevents the growth of bacteria|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Washing Machines
- Is IFB a good brand?
The Indian brand is quite reputed all around India. Their functional products are reliable, reasonable and last a bloody long time if you ask me. Founded in 1974, it is one of the oldest Indian appliance brands in the market. So, yeah IFB is a pretty good brand. The Best IFB Washing Machines in India are listed below.
- How do I choose a washing machine?
There are certain things to keep in mind buying a washing machine. Primarily, check for capacity, the kind, and the type of washing machine it is. A bigger capacity allows for more clothes to be washed, top loading or front loading is optional and maybe go for fully automatic machines since they are easy to use. However, semi-automatics prove to be a better appliance when used by fewer people.
- How long do washing machines last?
The average life of a washing machine is anywhere from 8-12 years. Most well-made washing machines can easily last this long, given you’ve taken ample care of your property. At the very least, with proper care, a washing machine should last you around 6-8 years.
On the bottom line getting a washing machine is no longer a luxury, it has become a basic necessity. And after going through our curated list getting a washing machine for yourself would be very easy.
Among these top products, we have our favorite pick and that is IFB 8 kg Fully-Automatic Front Loading Washing Machine
This has an 8kg capacity and is ideal for big families. It has an excellent washing system that includes 3D washing, foam control system, and aqua energy. It can remove all the tough stains and works perfectly for all kinds of fabric
IFB is an Indian manufacturer of home appliances. They have garnered quite a reputation for themselves as one of the best and most reasonable brands in India and abroad. Their washing machines are top-notch and better priced than international brands like LG or Samsung. The Best IFB Washing Machines in India are listed above by Khojdeal Home Experts. We scoured for the best products and brought them straight to you. Khojdeal helps its consumers in every way possible. Check out our offers and deals for all purchases you might make.